My Moms Elk StroganoffFrom fizzle3nat 8 years ago
- 1/2 c. onion, chopped shopping list
- 1/2 c. celery, chopped shopping list
- 1/4 c. butter or margarine shopping list
- 1 1/2 lbs. cubed (or sliced) elk; or venison or beef shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, minced shopping list
- 2 TBSP. flour shopping list
- 2 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. paprika shopping list
- 1 lb. fresh mushrooms, sliced (or 8 oz. canned, drained) shopping list
- 1 can undiluted cream of chicken soup (or mushroom) shopping list
- water shopping list
- 1 c. sour cream shopping list
- fresh parsley, chives, or dill (Mom usually used dill) shopping list
How to make it
- Saute onion and celery in melted butter in a frying pan, until soft but not brown.
- Stir in elk cubes, garlic flour, salt, pepper, paprika, and mushrooms. Saute mixture for 5 minutes.
- Add soup. Simmer uncovered for 20 minutes. Thin with water as desired.
- Cover and simmer about 1 hour or until meat is tender. Stir in sour cream and sprinkle with desired herb(s). Heat through.
- Serve over egg noodles, rice, toast, or potatoes.
- * You can also use ground beef; simmer only 20 minutes before adding sour cream.
The Cookfizzle3nat Waterville, WA
The Rating2 people
- Not added to any groups yet!