Glazed Anise CookiesFrom peetabear 8 years ago
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter, softened shopping list
- 1 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon McCormick® Pure anise extract , divided shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 2 cups flour shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar shopping list
- 2 tablespoons water shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Beat butter and granulated sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add egg, 1/2 teaspoon of the extract and salt; beat until well blended. Gradually beat in flour. Divide dough in half. Wrap each half in wax paper to form a cylinder about 9-inches long and 1 1/2-inches in diameter. Refrigerate 1 hour.
- 2. Preheat oven to 350°F. Cut dough into 1/4-inch slices. Place 1 inch apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- 3. Bake 12 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool on baking sheets 1 minute. Remove to wire racks; cool completely.
- 4. Mix confectioners' sugar, water and remaining 1/4 teaspoon extract until smooth. Drizzle over cooled cookies. Let stand until glaze is set.
The Cookpeetabear Mid-hudson Valley, NY
The Rating2 people
When I was growing up, my dad used to make a similar version of these at the Italian bakery and bring them home. This is much like the Italian cookie we love so much and I cannot remember the name of it.
Any way, I'm going to print 2 copies and ...morepinkpasta in Upstate loved it
I wanted to let you know, that I made these today and it was all I could do not to eat them all. I am a licorice lover and these really hit the spot. Thanks so much for the great post. I'd give you more forks if I could, but 5 will have to do.ozsmom in Nepean loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!