Arabic Bread Loaf Or Hamburger BunsFrom falafel_fanatic 7 years ago
How to make it
- Mix everything except the water in a large mixing bowl.
- When everything is thoroughly mixed, add the warm water and knead the dough until it springs back and your hand print disappears.
- If its to sticky fold in some flour a little at a time until its not sticky anymore.
- Let it rise for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 on warm days - 325 on cooler days.
- Bake until golden brown about 25 minutes but watch closely as not to burn.
- Make your rounds or loaves as you like.
- You can even braid or make any shape you like.
- Note: This is a very soft bread similar to the hamburger buns so it makes a nice white bread loaf to for sandwich bread if you have a loaf pan.
- This makes about 15 hamburger bun size rounds.
- With this recipe tho if you like the big rounded bread like in Morocco you would want to divide it into 2 and just make each one round.
- You can add anything to this bread like anise or black seed or sesame or whatever and serve it with pretty much anything
The Cookfalafel_fanatic Bardstown, KY
The Rating4 people
great post! Thank You!midgelet in Eastern loved it
I'm gonna try this next week. Thanks for sending it.danadooley in Singapore loved it