Elaines Easy Cheesy Scalloped PotatoesFrom chefelaine 6 years ago
- 3 to 4 medium new potatoes, washed, unpeeled shopping list
- 1 medium sized spanish onion shopping list
- 3 large cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- mozzarella cheese, shredded (to your preference of amount!) shopping list
- old cheddar cheese,shredded (to your preference of amount!) shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper shopping list
- 1/2 cup heavy cream shopping list
- 2 1/2 cups buttermilk shopping list
- rice flour shopping list
- butter shopping list
How to make it
- slice potatoes thinly
- Slice the onion thinly
- Make layers as follows:
- 1 layer of potato slices
- 1 layer of onion slices
- 1 layer of EACH cheese
- a dollop of butter
- a thin coating with rice flour
- continue building the layers in this order until the dish is full.
- add the heavy cream, and then the buttermilk
- add the cayenne pepper and salt
- Cook in the oven at 350*F for 90 minutes, or until the potatoes are done, and the cheese begins to brown.
- ENJOY! :+D
- Making this today, and pics will be uploaded this evening :+D
People Who Like This Dish 9
The Cookchefelaine Muskoka, CANA
The Rating15 people
This looks yummo!pleclare in Framingham loved it
Easy cheesey ?
is that like my pound of ground round!!
5 points chef... your killen me!
your making me step up my game
i came back to raje it again and it said i already didfrodo in meadville loved it
yum yum....thx for the post....angieaugusta in Adelaide loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!