Picadillo A La Habanera-cuban Style HashFrom svn1212 7 years ago
- olive oil for frying, about ¼ cup shopping list
- 1 large onion, diced shopping list
- 1 large green bell pepper, seeded and finely chopped shopping list
- 4 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- 2 pounds lean or extra lean ground beef or ground round shopping list
- 3/4 cups tomato sauce or ½ cup tomato paste shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. oregano shopping list
- 1/2 cup stuffed green olives chopped shopping list
- 1/4 cup capers shopping list
- 1/3 cup raisins shopping list
- 2 tablespoon dry wine (any kind as long as it is dry) shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt or to your taste shopping list
How to make it
- (You can use a food processor for the onion, garlic and bell pepper, saves a lot of work)
- 1. Sauté onion, green pepper, and garlic in a large pan.
- 2. Fry about 5 minutes, until the onions are softened.
- 3. Add the tomatoes, cumin, oregano, then add the ground beef.
- 4. Mix all the ingredients of the “sofrito” with the meat and
- cover. (Sofrito is the sautéed onion, peppers, garlic and
- tomato with the spices)
- 5. Reduce heat to low and simmer for about 15 minutes.
- 6. Add olives, capers, raisins and petit pois and simmer 5
- minutes longer.
- 7. For the empanadas (recipe will follow) let it dry more. The drier the better so that it will not drip through the dough.
The Cooksvn1212 Toronto, CA
The Rating2 people
- Not added to any groups yet!