Chocolate-Key Lime Pie CupcakesFrom mountainmama 7 years ago
- 12 jumbo-size aluminum foil baking cups shopping list
- vegetable cooking spray shopping list
- 1 (9-oz.) package chocolate wafer cookies shopping list
- 1/2 cup butter, melted shopping list
- 3 (8-oz.) packages cream cheese, softened shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups sugar shopping list
- 2 teaspoons key lime zest shopping list
- 1/3 cup fresh key lime juice shopping list
- 3 large eggs shopping list
- Garnishes: sweetened whipped cream, fresh cherries and blackberries, fresh mint leaves shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place 12 jumbo-size aluminum foil baking cups in lightly greased muffin pans, and coat with cooking spray.
- Pulse chocolate wafer cookies in a food processor 8 to 10 times or until finely crushed. Stir together cookie crumbs and butter; firmly press on bottom and two-thirds up sides of each baking cup (about 3 Tbsp. crumbs per cup).
- Beat cream cheese and sugar at medium speed with an electric mixer until blended. Add lime zest and lime juice, beating at low speed until well blended. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating just until yellow disappears after each addition. Spoon mixture into prepared cups, filling completely full.
- Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until set. Cool in pans on wire racks 15 minutes. Remove from pans to wire racks, and let cool 15 minutes or until completely cool. Cover and chill 4 hours. Garnish, if desired.
- Yields 1 dozen
- NOTE: Remember each oven is different and times could vary.