Slow Cooked Chicken and StuffingFrom bobbijo 8 years ago
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth shopping list
- 1 cup margarine or butter shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped onion shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped celery shopping list
- 1 can (4-oz.) mushroom stems and pieces, drained shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp. rubbed sage shopping list
- 1 tsp. poultry seasoning shopping list
- 1 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. pepper shopping list
- 12 cups day-old-bread cubes(1/2" pieces) shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1 can (10 3/4-oz.) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted shopping list
- 5-6 cups cubed cooked chicken or turkey shopping list
How to make it
- In a saucepan, combine the first 9 ingredients.
- Simmer for 10 minutes; remove from heat.
- Place bread cubes in a large bowl.
- Combine eggs and soup; stir into brath mixture until smooth.
- Pour over bread and toss well.
- In a 5-quart slow cooker, layer half of the stuffing and chicken; repeat layers.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 1/2 to 5 hours or until meat thermometer inserted into the stuffing reads 160 degrees.