HaleemFrom shariq28sep 6 years ago
- 250 gms mutton or beef shopping list
- 1 cup Wheat soaked overnight, drained, pounded & husked. shopping list
- A handful of channa dal, soaked for 1/2 hour. shopping list
- A handful of moong dal, soaked for 1/2 hour. shopping list
- A handful of masoor dal, soaked for 1/2 hour. shopping list
- A handful of barley (jove), soaked for 1/2 hour shopping list
- 1 tsp chili powder. shopping list
- 1/2 tsp Haldi (turmeric) Powder. shopping list
- 2 onions, sliced and fried crisp. shopping list
- 1 tsp Dhania (coriander seeds) powder. shopping list
- 2 tsp ginger-garlic paste. shopping list
- 4 tbsp ghee (Veg. oil). shopping list
- salt to taste. shopping list
- Please find the below link for all verity of lentils with Indian name, description and pictures; shopping list
- http://www.foodsubs.com/lentils.html shopping list
How to make it
- Take a wide mouthed heavy-bottomed vessel and heat 6-8 cups of water in it.
- When the water starts to boil put in the drained dal (Lentils), wheat, barley (jove) and mutton along with the ginger garlic paste, dhania (coriander seeds) powder, haldi(Turmeric) Powder, red chili powder and salt.
- Cook over slow fire till the mutton is tender then mash the mutton.
- To this mixture add the crushed fried onion.
- Heat the ghee(Veg. Oil) and pour it over the Haleem.
- Sprinkle lemon-juice if you want before serving - serve hot. Top
- It would be best if you use Ghee in place of Veg.Oil. To know more abt ghee please refer to the below link.