Stir-fried EggplantFrom watson2167 7 years ago
- 6 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1-3 red chillies (including seeds), depending on how spicy you like it shopping list
- 1 Chinese (large, with dark purple skin) eggplant, or 2 (thinner, with light purple skin) Japanese eggplants shopping list
- 1/4 cup water shopping list
- 2-3 Tbsp. oil shopping list
- roughly 1/2 cup (or more) fresh basil shopping list
- SAUCE: shopping list
- 1 Tbsp. fish sauce shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. soy sauce shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. oyster sauce (or vegetarian oyster sauce) shopping list
- 1 tsp. brown sugar shopping list
- 1 tsp. cornstarch mixed with 2 Tbsp. water (mix until cornstarch is dissolved) shopping list
- 1 tablespoon of sasemi seed (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Mix cornstarch and water in a separate cup or bowl. Set both aside.
- Chop the eggplant up into bite-size pieces (be sure to leave the peel on - this is where most of the nutrients are).
- In a large frying pan or wok, over medium-high heat. Add the garlic, chilli, and eggplant. Stir-fry for 5 minutes. When the wok or frying pan becomes dry, add a little of the water (a few Tbsp. at a time).
- Add all sauces and continue stir-frying for 5 more minutes, or until the eggplant is soft . Add the cornstarch/water mixture. Stir well so that the sauce thickens uniformly.
- In a serving platter, sprinkle basil leaves and sesami seed over top. Serve over rice.
The Cookwatson2167 Las Vegas, NV
The Rating2 people
Hi,I liked this but my mom and dad don't care for fish sauce, so we just missed it out, but I was wondering if you have and suggestions for a substitute?misstracyflick in Long Beach Island loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!