Italian Veal Pepper StewFrom helewes 8 years ago
- 1-1/2 pounds veal for stew, cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces shopping list
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper shopping list
- 2 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced Italian-style tomatoes, undrained shopping list
- 2/3 cup ready-to-serve chicken broth shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 2 medium green bell peppers, cut into thin strips shopping list
- Hot cooked rice shopping list
- Grated parmesan cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Combine flour, salt and pepper.
- Lightly coat veal with flour mixture; reserve remaining flour.
- Heat oil in Dutch oven over medium heat until hot.
- Brown veal, 1/2 at a time; remove from Dutch oven.
- Stir tomatoes, broth, garlic and reserved flour mixture into Dutch oven.
- Add veal; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover tightly and simmer 45 minutes.
- Add bell peppers; continue cooking, covered, 30 minutes or until veal is fork-tender.
- Serve over rice.
- Sprinkle with cheese.