Spiced Sweet Potato Pear Casserole With Bourbon Syrup GlazeFrom chefmeow 5 years ago
- 1/2 cup butter shopping list
- 3/4 cup dark corn syrup shopping list
- 1/2 cup pear nectar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla shopping list
- 1/4 cup bourbon shopping list
- 1 tablespoon orange juice shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 4 large sweet potatoes peeled halved lengthwise and cut into 1/3” crosswise slices shopping list
- 4 large crisp pears peeled halved cored and cut into 1/4" lengthwise slices shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400 then butter a rectangular baking dish.
- Stir butter, syrup, nectar, vanilla, bourbon and orange juice in small saucepan over medium.
- Heat until butter melts then increase heat and boil 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat then whisk in cinnamon, nutmeg and salt then set aside.
- Arrange one third of the sweet potato slices in the buttered dish.
- Top with half of the pear slices then one third of the sweet potato slices.
- Arrange remaining potatoes and pears on top overlapping slightly.
- Sprinkle lightly with salt if desired then pour syrup mixture over all.
- Cover dish tightly with aluminum foil then bake one hour.
- Uncover and bake until sweet potatoes are completely tender basting occasionally with syrup.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
The Rating5 people
hi cat this is nice too great job fiveminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
This sounds FABU!! Thanks ^^^^^5! :)lanacountry in Macon loved it
I have to try this! Big 5.linspj in New Hartford loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!