Curry Seafood CasseroleFrom charrm1 7 years ago
- 1 1/2 lb (750 g) large shrimps, cleaned, deveined, cooked shopping list
- 1 1/4 lb (625 g) small to medium scallops shopping list
- 3 cups (750 ml) white cooked rice (of your choice) shopping list
- curry SAUCE shopping list
- 5 tbsps (75 ml) butter shopping list
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) scallions, minced shopping list
- 6 tbsps (90 ml) all purpose flour shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) curry powder shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp (7 ml) sugar shopping list
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) ground ginger shopping list
- 2 cups (500 ml) milk shopping list
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) chicken cube dissolved in boiling water shopping list
- 1 tbps (15 ml) lemon juice shopping list
How to make it
- Cook shrimps and scallops.
- Cook rice according to package directions. Keep warm.
- Curry sauce:
- In a saucepan, cook the scallions in the butter for 1 minute.
- Add the flour and curry powder. Add salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Add the sugar and ginger.
- Gradually add the dissolved chicken cube and water and the milk. Whisk until dissolved.
- Bring to a boil while stirring, until the mixture thickens. Add the lemon juice and mix well. Remove from heat.
- Put some rice in the bottom of each individual serving dish, then add the shrimps and the scallops. (Keep 1 shrimp to place on top of each serving). Cover with the curry sauce and serve with a salad.