Blueberry Scones with Orange GlazeFrom ashleythm 9 years ago
- Blueberry Scones: shopping list
- 2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 tablespoon baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 2 tablespoons sugar shopping list
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, cold, cut in chunks shopping list
- 1 cup heavy cream, plus more for brushing the scones shopping list
- 1 cup fresh blueberries shopping list
- orange Glaze: shopping list
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed orange juice shopping list
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar, sifted shopping list
- 1 orange, zest finely grated shopping list
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar.
- Using 2 forks or a pastry blender, cut in the butter to coat the pieces with the flour. The mixture should look like coarse crumbs.
- Make a well in the center and pour in the heavy cream. Fold everything together just to incorporate; do not overwork the dough.
- Fold the blueberries into the batter. Take care not to mash or bruise the blueberries because their strong color will bleed into the dough.
- Press the dough out on a lightly floured surface into a rectangle about 12 by 3 by 1 1/4 inches.
- Cut the rectangle in 1/2 then cut the pieces in 1/2 again, giving you 4 (3-inch) squares.
- Cut the squares in 1/2 on a diagonal to give you the classic triangle shape.
- Place the scones on an ungreased cookie sheet and brush the tops with a little heavy cream.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until beautiful and brown. Let the scones cool a bit before you apply the glaze.
- For the Orange Glaze: Mix the orange juice and confectioners' sugar together in a microwave-safe bowl. Stir until the sugar dissolves.
- Add the orange zest and butter.
- Nuke it for 30 seconds on high.
- Whisk the glaze to smooth out any lumps, then drizzle the glaze over the top of the scones.
- Let it set a minute before serving.
People Who Like This Dish 10
The Cookashleythm North Hollywood, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!