Crunchy Cinnamon Coffee CakeFrom mountainmama 5 years ago
- 3 cups wheat and barley cereal flakes, lightly crushed shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups firmly packed brown sugar, divided shopping list
- 1-1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon, divided shopping list
- 4 cups all purpose baking mix shopping list
- 1-1/4 cups and 2 Tbsp. milk, divided shopping list
- 3 eggs shopping list
- 1/4 cup oil shopping list
- 1-1/4 cups powdered sugar shopping list
How to make it
- COMBINE cereal, 1 cup of the brown sugar and 1 tsp. of the cinnamon; set aside. Mix together baking mix, remaining 1/2 cup brown sugar, 1-1/4 cups of the milk, eggs and oil just until blended. Pour half of the batter into a 13x9-inch baking pan sprayed with cooking spray; sprinkle with half of the cereal mixture. Repeat layers.
- BAKE at 350ºF for 35 min. or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 min. Cut into 24 squares.
- WHISK together powdered sugar, remaining 1/2 tsp. cinnamon and remaining 2 Tbsp. milk until well blended. Drizzle over coffee cake. Let stand until set.
The Cookmountainmama Heaven, WV
The Rating9 people
Make this last night and it was fabulous and the remark below is not correct. I checked out the link and they are not alike. I made it both ways and MM's is the best.ChefCara in Pennsylvania loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!