Coconut ShrimpFrom helicehinds 5 years ago
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut shopping list
- 1/2 cup fresh white bread crumbs shopping list
- 1 tsp Chinese five-spice powder shopping list
- 12 tsp salt shopping list
- Finely grated zest of 1 lime shopping list
- 1 egg white shopping list
- 1 pound fan-tail shrimp shopping list
- Sunflower or corn oil, for frying shopping list
- lemon wedges, to garnish shopping list
How to make it
- Put the shredded coconut, white bread crumbs, Chinese five-spices, salt and finely grated lime zest into a medium size bowl and thoroughly mix together.
- Lightly beat egg white in a separate bowl.
- Rinse the shrimp under cold running water and pat dry with paper towels.
- Dip the shrimp into the egg white, then into the coconut crumb mixture, so that they are evenly coated.
- Heat about 2 inches of sunflwer or corn oil in a large preheated wok.
- Add the shrimp to the wok and stir-fry for about 5 minutes or until golden colored and crispy.
- Remove the shrimp with a slotted spoon, transfer to paper towel, and let them dry thoroughly.
- Transfer the coconut shrimp to warm serving dishes and garnish with lemon wedges.
- Serve immediately. (Serve with soy sauce or chilli sauce, if you wish.)