Apple Potato and Leek SoupFrom chefelaine 6 years ago
- 1 tablespoon butter shopping list
- 1 onion, diced shopping list
- 1 leek, trimmed and diced shopping list
- 4 potatoes, peeled and diced (I make it with unpeeled, personally!) shopping list
- 4 tart apples, peeled and diced shopping list
- 10 cups chicken stock shopping list
- 1 lemon, juiced shopping list
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter shopping list
- 2 tart apples, peeled, cored and diced shopping list
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar shopping list
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped chives shopping list
How to make it
- In a large pot, melt 1 tablespoon butter over high heat.
- Add diced onion and leek, cooking until translucent, about 15 minutes.
- Add the potatoes, all but 2 cups of the diced apples and chicken stock.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring to a simmer and cook until tender, about 45 minutes.
- Pour soup into a colander over a pot to separate the vegetables from the stock (cooking liquids).
- Ladle the vegetables into a blender or food processor. Add enough stock to cover; puree until smooth.
- Pour into a fine sieve and strain into another pot.
- Add more stock if the soup is too thick.
- Add lemon juice; season with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a medium nonstick pan, heat the remaining butter over high heat.
- Add remaining apples, cooking until slightly brown.
- Sprinkle 1 tablespoon sugar over apples and continue cooking until golden.
- Add vinegar and remove from heat.
- Ladle the hot soup into a tureen or serving bowl.
- Spoon the diced apple garnish into the center of the soup.
- Garnish the top of the soup with chives.
- ENJOY! :+D
People Who Like This Dish 4
The Cookchefelaine Muskoka, CANA
The Rating11 people
Potato soup, yum! Five.kitchenhappy1 in Toronto loved it
love leeks and potatoes yummy thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Love potato and leek soup. Sounds good. Must try it with the apples. Thank you.jenniferbyrdez in kenner loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!