ZigeunerschnitzelFrom gourmetloveaffair 6 years ago
- 2 veal cutlets shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- breadcrumbs for coating shopping list
- oil shopping list
- 1/4 green bell pepper, diced shopping list
- 1/4 yellow bell pepper, diced shopping list
- 1/4 white onion, diced shopping list
- 1/2 roma tomato, seeded and diced shopping list
- up to 1/2 cup beef broth shopping list
- 1/4 cup water shopping list
- tomato paste to thicken shopping list
- 1 teaspoon paprika, mild or hot shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder shopping list
- pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Season breadcrumbs with salt and pepper. Beat egg in separate bowl
- Pound veal cutlets thin if necessary, then dip into beaten egg.
- Let excess egg drip off cutlets and press cutlets into breadcrumbs.
- Oil pan over medium-high heat and fry cutlets until golden brown. Set aside.
- Put peppers, onions, and tomato into a sauté pan and let them brown before adding a few ounces of beef broth (I added no more than 1/2 cup).
- Add water and a heaping teaspoon of tomato paste. Simmer to thicken.
- Add paprika, chili powder, and white and black pepper to taste.
- Serve gravy over cutlets.
The Cookgourmetloveaffair Glendale, AZ
The Rating5 people
great recipemidgelet in Eastern loved it
This looks divine! I am printing it!elgab89 in Toronto loved it
Delightful, Things that are a bit different always sound good to me. Thank you for posting thismark555 in Center Of The World Ma' Center Of The World loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!