Chocolate Sour Cream CakeFrom pleclare 5 years ago
- 2c sugar shopping list
- 13/4c cake flour shopping list
- 2Tbs cornstarch shopping list
- 1tsp baking soda shopping list
- 1/4tsp salt shopping list
- 2/3c unsweetened cocoa shopping list
- 1tsp instant coffee shopping list
- 1tsp boiling water shopping list
- 1/2c sour cream shopping list
- 1tsp vanilla shopping list
- 4lg. egg whites,at room temp. shopping list
- 14Tbs butter,melted shopping list
- ice cream , to serve shopping list
How to make it
- Adjust oven rack to lower-middle position and heat oven to 350. Spray 2 8" cake pans with vegetable cooking spray,then dust pans with flour,knocking out excess.
- Whisk sugar,flour,cornstarch,baking soda and salt and set aside.
- In another med. bowl.measure cocoa and coffee,then whisk in water to form smooth paste. Stir in sour cream and vanilla;set aside.
- In a third bowl,using hand mixer,beat egg whites to soft peaks. Add melted butter to dry ingredients; without cleaning the beaters,mix until butter is completely incorporated.
- Immediately add cocoa mixture;beat until batter is smooth,2-3 mins. Carefully fold egg whites into batter with rubber spatula until just incorporated.
- Divide batter evenly between the 2 pans and bake until skewers inserted in center odf each cake comes out with still moist crumbs,30-35 mins. remove from oven,let cakes cool slightly in pans,about 5 mins. Invert each cake onto a plat and back to rack so it sits top side up. cool completely.
- Double wrap one cake and freeze for another use. Serve remaining cake in wedges with ice cream.
- Note :This cake is firm on bottomand soft on top,so it's important to invert it back on wire rack to cool. Otherwise,the top may stick to the rack and tear as removed
The Cookpleclare Framingham, MA
The Rating5 people
mmmm..sounds great!magali777 in Mexico loved it
You go girl, you've been on a roll - love this - You have my 5henrie in Savannah loved it
Oh, yeah, the ice cream will be perfect for this delight!elgab89 in Toronto loved it