Lemon And Apple CakeFrom wrigggit 5 years ago
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 150degC
- Line a 23cm baking tin with paper. Grease lightly.
- Grate lemon zest.
- Peel, core and slice apples finely.
- Grind almonds to a fine flour.
- Melt butter.
- Mix sugar with vanilla essence.
- Beat vanilla sugar and eggs together til thick and light.
- Slowly add milk and melted butter.
- Fold almond flour into the plain flour, then stir into the batter.
- Add the baking powder, zest and 3/4 of the apple. Fold.
- Pour into prepared baking tin, and put the remaining apple over the top. Scatter with 1 tbs sugar.
- Bake 60 mins. Remove from tin when cool.