Quick Garlic Chicken BurritosFrom daddydoug 5 years ago
- 3 frozen boneless chicken breasts shopping list
- cheddar cheese shopping list
- 4-6 fat garlic cloves shopping list
- 4 oz salsa from a jar shopping list
- 6 tortillas shopping list
- cumin shopping list
- chili powder shopping list
- cilantro optional shopping list
- lettuce shopping list
- sour cream or plain yogurt shopping list
- chopped olives optional shopping list
How to make it
- Arrange chicken breasts in a shallow casserole dish with a lid, or my favorite -- between two large Corelle dinner plates, with one acting as a lid. This creates a steam chamber with a very small amount of space, which somehow keeps the chicken very moist.
- Microwave on MEDIUM for 5 minutes.
- While the chicken is cooking, smash and mince the garlic cloves and grate a couple ounces of cheese.
- After 5 minutes flip the chicken over (inside to outside) and nuke on MEDIUM for 4 more minutes. Adjust the time depending on your microwave. You want them cooked but not cremated.
- While the chicken is going, chop up a bunch of lettuce to put on top, get out the tortillas, salsa, and sour cream/yogurt.
- Take out the chicken and either shred it with a pair of forks or slice it thinly with a knife. Work as fast as you can so it doesn't dry out. Place the chicken in a mixing bowl and add the garlic, spices and grated cheese, and the juice from the cooking dish or plate. Mix well. The hot chicken should melt the cheese and produce a gooey mass.
- Add the salsa and some of the chopped olives and mix.
- Spoon a big blob onto each tortilla and roll up on a plate. If you want refried beans on the side, nuke them now while you are doing this.
- Nuke the finished enchiladas or burritos (I'm not sure what the proper name would be) in pairs for 30 sec on high to get them hot again. Top with lettuce, sour cream/yogurt, salsa, more chopped olives.
- Including the time it takes to get everything out, you should be able to put this together literally in 15 minutes. These go great with ice cold beer.