Chicken Fingers on a Stickanother e-mail recipeFrom mamajune 9 years ago
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, pounded 1/2 to 3/4 inch thick shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- 24 (10-inch) bamboo skewers, soaked in water for 30 minutes shopping list
- 3 tablespoons peanut or vegetable oil shopping list
- 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce shopping list
- 1 1/4 cups plain dried bread crumbs shopping list
How to make it
- Cut each chicken breast lengthwise into 1/2-inch-
- wide strips and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Fold the chicken strips slightly and weave them
- onto the skewers.
- Prepare a charcoal fire or set a gas grill to medium-
- high, close the lid, and heat until hot -- about 10 to 15 minutes.
- In a small bowl, stir together the oil and the barbecue sauce. Spread the bread crumbs on a sheet of waxed paper. Lightly brush the sauce mixture over the chicken strips and then roll them in the bread crumbs.
- Grill the chicken fingers uncovered until they're no
- longer pink inside, about 2 to 4 minutes per side on
- a gas grill.
- Serve with the dipping sauce of your choice.