Mussels in the ovenFrom migobgr 8 years ago
- 600 gr potatoes peeled and sliced. shopping list
- 7 1/2 dl chicken broth ( cube). shopping list
- 2 big onions sliced. shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic sliced. shopping list
- 3 tbs olive oil. shopping list
- 2 eggs . shopping list
- 1 c sour cream or Greek yoghurt. shopping list
- 2 big tomatoes sliced. shopping list
- 400 gr mussels without shell. shopping list
- 1/4 c white vinegar. shopping list
- 1 c water. shopping list
- 1 ts thyme. shopping list
- salt pepper to taste. shopping list
- 1/2 ts oregano. shopping list
- 125 gr shredded cheese, ( pecorino or parmesan or any hard hard old cheese). shopping list
How to make it
- Cook potatoes 7 min in the chicken broth ca till almost done.
- Keep 1 dl of the broth.
- Cook mussels in 1 c water and the vinegar 5 min.
- Saute on low heat onion and garlic in olive oil till golden brown 10 min.
- Beat eggs with sour cream or Greek yoghurt, add salt and pepper to taste.
- Grease an oven tray with olive oil and put potato slices in it, add broth.
- Put onion and garlic on the potatoes and top with mussels.
- Add tomato slices and top with thyme and oregano.
- Add egg mixture and top with shredded cheese.
- preheat oven to 175 C and bake 30 min, till golden brown.
The Cookmigobgr Thessaloniki Greece, GR
The Rating4 people
I have never tried mussels this way. Sounds great!greekgirrrl in Huntington Village loved it
Migo, I love your recipes! I am becoming addicted to them :)elgab89 in Toronto loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!