My Grandmas Bacalao and VerduraFrom misahungry 6 years ago
- A mix of Puerto Rican tubers including any or all of the following: yuca, yautia, batata, plantain, and regular potatoes. shopping list
- 1 lb of bacalao (salted cod fish) shopping list
- 1 onion (sliced thin) shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves (chopped) shopping list
- pimento stuffed Spanish olives (roughly chopped) shopping list
- capers shopping list
- olive oil shopping list
How to make it
- Prep the bacalao by soaking for up to 4 hours in cold water. (You can do this the day before)
- Quickly boil the bacalao for 15 minutes.
- While bacalao is boiling, prep the tubers by peeling and cutting into medium-sized chunks.
- Pull out the bacalao and shred once cooled but DO NOT discard water.
- Throw tubers into the bacalao salted water and boil until done. (Batata and regular potatoes will be done sooner, so fish them out if need be or cut them into bigger chunks in the first place)
- In a sauce pan, saute onions in plenty of olive oil. Once softened add garlic, olives, capers, and the shredded bacalao.
- Plate by putting the tubers on a plate and smothering with the bacalao mixture. If too dry, drizzle a little more olive oil.
- A nice ripe avocado is a great accompaniment.
The Cookmisahungry Hightstown, NJ
The Rating4 people
bring back memorieschefboriqua in Paterson loved it
Awesome! Thank your grandma for me!
RazorFamilyFarms.comrazorfamilyfarms in Fortson loved it
It is so delicious that it goes right into my recipe collections! Excellent!elgab89 in Toronto loved it