Spinach and Artichoke DipFrom shara 8 years ago
- 1/2 cup shallots, minced shopping list
- 2 10 oz pkgs chopped frozen spinach, thawed and drained shopping list
- 4 cloves fresh garlic, minced shopping list
- 4 Tbsp butter shopping list
- 2 8 oz cans artichoke hearts drained shopping list
- 2 cups heavy cream shopping list
- 4 oz garlic herb cheese (your favorite, should be a stronger cheese) shopping list
- 1 tsp kosher salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp white pepper shopping list
- 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese (or more if you like) shopping list
How to make it
- Saute shallots and garlic in butter
- Add spinach and artichokes, break up well, heat briefly.
- Add cream, garlic herb cheese, salt, pepper
- Simmer until cheese is melted and mixture is blended.
- Remove from heat, fold in parmesan cheese.
- Transfer to slow cooker.
- Serve warm with tortilla chips or crackers
- I tend to add and subtract ingredients to taste, I like to experiment with different/more cheeses than the recipe calls for.
The Cookshara Yellowknife, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!