Old Fashioned Tea CakesFrom blueeyes68ky 7 years ago
How to make it
- Cream shortening and sugar; add eggs.
- Dissolve and add soda and vinegar.
- Add remaining ingredients. Chill.
- Roll out and cut in desired shapes.
- Bake on ungreased cookie sheet 375 deg. until golden brown.
- Note: Writer said, "These are a foavorite to make and decorate for special occasions as well as just plain tea cakes and it is also a favorite for stack cakes."
The Cookblueeyes68ky Owenton, KY
The Rating7 people
Gram Ma always made these..GROUP added and
55555!! Love you, Blue!! :)lanacountry in Macon loved it
Oh these sound great, thanks for drawing this one to my attention, just got through posting a bunch today, been awhile since I posted. Usually don't get to post everyday like I use too. You have my five forks - again thanks for sharing.henrie in Savannah loved it
Great recipe!! FIVE :+Dchefelaine in Muskoka loved it
Southern Cooks560 members
Good Down Home Southern Food196 members
Fresh Food Cooking119 members
FROM SCRATCH148 members
Friends In The Kitchen316 members
Southern Sassyness71 members
GOOD KENTUCKY COOKING43 members
Desserts Desserts Everywhere50 members