Barbecue Chili Pot RoastFrom chefmeow 6 years ago
- 5 pound beef round heel of round shopping list
- 2 tablespoons cooking fat shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 1 cup white onion chopped shopping list
- 15 ounce can tomato sauce shopping list
- 1 small green pepper chopped shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika shopping list
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar shopping list
- 1 tablespoon chili powder shopping list
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard shopping list
- 2 tablespoons vinegar shopping list
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce shopping list
How to make it
- In large pan with tight fitting cover brown meat in fat.
- Season with salt and pepper then remove from pan and pour off fat drippings.
- Cook onions in drippings until soft but not browned stirring often.
- Add remaining ingredients then mix well and return meat to pan.
- Cover and simmer for 3-1/2 hours turning meat frequently.
- Remove meat to platter and keep warm.
- Skim off excess fat or until done. (Or cook in a 325 oven for same amount of time.) Turn meat once to cook it evenly throughout Remove meat to a platter and keep warm.
- Skim off excess fat and simmer sauce 5 minutes then slice meat and serve with sauce.