Three Citrus MarmaladeFrom fizzle3nat 7 years ago
How to make it
- ***Prep time includes standing time.***
- Peel all fruits thinly, trying not to get any of the pith (white flesh). Peel pith off fruit and discard. Coarsly chop peel and fruit. Process peel and fruit, in 2 or 3 batches in food processor until evenly chopped. Measure. Place in enamel pot or roaster.
- Add twice as much water as fruit mixture measurement. Stir. Let stand for at room temperature for 24 hours. Bring mixture to a boil, stirring occasionally. Boil for 20 minutes. Carefully measure mixture.
- Add 2/3 c. sugar for every 1 c. fruit mixture. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Add liquid pectin. Stir. Bring to a boil. Boil rapidly for 3 minutes. Fill hot sterilized jars with hot marmalade. Wipe jar rims. Place sterlized metal lids on jars and screw metal bands on securely. Process in boiling-water bath for 5 minutes. Makes 9 half-pint jars.