Pork Sausage Lasagna With Spinach Ricotta FillingFrom outrageouslyso 7 years ago
- NOTE: All ingredients are arbitrary; this is very much a "pinch of this" and "a package of that" sort of recipe, so these are general estimates and are adjustable according to taste. Apologies if some of these measurements seem very out there! shopping list
- 1 package lasagna noodles (preferably NOT the no-boil kind). shopping list
- 1 pound (package?) linked italian sausage (either mild or hot, depending on taste -- I usually use Jacksonville brand) shopping list
- 2 jars spaghetti sauce (since I usually cook this for a crowd, I prefer Ragu's larger can sizes, but regular jars work just as well!) shopping list
- 1/4 cup red wine (optional) shopping list
- 1 canister (15-16 oz) ricotta cheese shopping list
- 1 package (10 oz) frozen spinach shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 5 Tbsp Chef Paul Prudhomme's Pizza Magic OR italian seasoning plus crushed red pepper to taste shopping list
- 1/4 cup romano cheese shopping list
- 1/2 - 1 pound shredded mozzarella cheese shopping list
- 8-16 oz fresh mozzarella cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Boil lasagna noodles, drain according to package instructions.
- Brown Italian sausage, drain -- roughly 10 minutes. Add first jar spaghetti sauce to mix and season to taste with salt, pepper, and whatever seasonings you prefer; if you wish to add the red wine at this point, do so. Cover and simmer for 5-10 minutes, or until done with next step.
- Combine ricotta cheese, defrosted and drained package of spinach, egg, Italian seasonings, and Romano cheese in medium-sized bowl until well incorporated.
- Pour half of the second jar of spaghetti sauce on bottom of a glass 13x9 inch baking dish. Line bottom with lasagna noodles, then sausage sauce mixture, then ricotta mixture, then fresh Mozzarella cheese. Repeat once. After second layer, cover with lasagna noodles, pour remaining spaghetti sauce on top, followed by shredded Mozzarella cheese.
- Cover with foil, bake for 60-75 minutes, or until top cheese and sauces are bubbly. Then, uncover and bake for additional 15 minutes, or until top cheese is brown.