Greek Cheese-spinach Pie TirospanakopitaFrom migobgr 8 years ago
- 300 gr frozen puff pastry. shopping list
- 1 kg fresh spinach cleaned (only the leaves). shopping list
- 1tbs salt. shopping list
- 400 gr feta cheese crumbled. shopping list
- 400 gr cream cheese. shopping list
- 4 medium eggs. shopping list
- fresh pepper to taste. shopping list
- 10 black olives chopped. shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic chopped. shopping list
- 1 tbs olive oil. shopping list
- 1 egg yolk. ( use the white with the 4 eggs). shopping list
How to make it
- Boil water with salt and add spinach, cover pan and cook till the leaves shrivel, put in a strainer and drain, press water out.
- Mix feta, cream cheese, eggs and pepper till smooth.
- Add olives and garlic to cheese mixture and beat in.
- Brush a baking pan with olive oil and put half of the puff pastry sheets ( brush every sheet with a few drops of oil) on the bottom of the pan, press to get the shape of the baking pan.
- Cover bottom with cheese mixture, top with spinach and repeat, last layer should be cheese.
- Cover with the other half of the puff pastry sheets (brush every sheet with a few drops of oil).
- Beat egg yolk with milk and brush top of the pie, with a fork make little holes in pie top, ( if you want you can carefully cut the pie with a sharp knife in 8 pieces before baking ( I prefer after).
- Preheat oven to 200 C (electric), for air 180 C and bake pie 35-45 min till golden brown.