Lemon Pretzel PieFrom henrie 5 years ago
- 1 small box lemon gelatin shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups boiling water shopping list
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger shopping list
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel shopping list
- 1/4 cup soft butter or margarine shopping list
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar shopping list
- 3/4 cup medium-fine pretzel crumbs (from thin pretzel sticks) shopping list
How to make it
- Place gelatin in medium bowl; pour in boiling water, stirring until
- gelatin is dissolved. Stir in ice cream until well blended. Add
- ginger and lemon peel.
- Partially fill large bowl with ice cubes and water; set bowl of
- gelatin mixture into it to hasten setting. If kitchen is very warm,
- place both bowls in refrigerator. As gelatin mixture begins to set
- around edges, stir occasionally.
- Meanwhile, in ungreased 8-inch pie plate, combine butter, sugar and
- pretzel crumbs until well blended. With back of spoon, press mixture
- against bottom and sides of pie plate. Refrigerate.
- When gelatin mixture has just set, beat with mixer or hand beater
- until smooth. Replace in bowl of water for a few minutes until it
- becomes stiff enough to mound. Spoon mixture into chilled crust.
- Refrigerate pie for several hours.
- Garnish pie with one whole pretzel or several broken pretzel sticks.