Homemade Marzipan cookedFrom peetabear 5 years ago
- (8oz) granulated sugar shopping list
- (6oz) ground blanched almonds as finely ground as possible shopping list
- 11/2 oz icing sugar (confectioners sugar shopping list
- pinch of cream of tartar shopping list
- 1 egg white, lightly whisked shopping list
- 5 tbsp water shopping list
- 1\2 tsp vanilla extract shopping list
- ............................................................. shopping list
- recipe 2 shopping list
- 3 cups sugar shopping list
- 1 cup water shopping list
- 4 cups ground blanched almonds shopping list
How to make it
- Put the sugar and the water in a heavy based saucepan and cook on a low heat until the sugar has dissolved. Add cream of tarter and bring to the boil until the sugar reaches(240 F)- soft ball stage. Remove from the heat and mix the mixture until it turns cloudy, then add ground almonds and vanilla extract. Add to the pan the egg white and return to a low heat and stir for a couple of minutes.
- Place the icing sugar on to a marble surface and pour over the mixture. Work in the icing sugar with a palate knife. Cover the mixture with plastic wrap until cooled. Once cooled knead the mixture until smooth.
- Store in an airtight container or plastic bag.
- Marzipan can be softened by adding small amounts of syrup to it, if too soft add additional powdered sugar to it.
The Cookpeetabear Mid-hudson Valley, NY
- Not added to any groups yet!