Maroon Chocolate CakeFrom jo_jo_ba 8 years ago
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar shopping list
- 2/3 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/4 cup butter shopping list
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1 tbsp vanilla shopping list
- 2 tbsp red food colouring shopping list
- 1 tbsp pure beet juice shopping list
- 2 tbsp water shopping list
- 1/4 cup cocoa, sifted shopping list
- 1 1/4 cups flour shopping list
- 1 cup Kamut flour shopping list
- 1/4 tsp salt shopping list
- 1 cup low-fat buttermilk shopping list
- 1 1/2 tbsp apple cider vinegar shopping list
- 2 tsp baking soda shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease two round 9" cake pans.
- Cream sugars, butter and applesauce until fluffy.
- Add eggs and vanilla, beat well.
- Make a paste of the food colouring, beet juice, water and cocoa powder, scrape into above mixture and beat well.
- Whisk together flours and salt in a separate bowl.
- Add dry ingredients alternately with the buttermilk to the creamed mixture.
- In a small dish, mix vinegar and baking soda well (it will foam).
- Add to the batter and fold in gently but thoroughly.
- Bake 30 minutes, cool completely in pans before turning out.
People Who Like This Dish 6
The Cookjo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
The Rating6 people
Sounds super! And really low-fat! I love that!markeverett in Riverside loved it
looks delicious...thx for the post....angieaugusta in Adelaide loved it
great post!midgelet in Eastern loved it
On A Budget559 members
Sweet Tooth448 members
OrganicSustainable Farming Group171 members
Good To Freeze130 members
Chocolate Dreams354 members
Comfort Foods775 members
Piece Of Cake376 members
Cooking For Food Allergies45 members
Party Food316 members
1500 Calories A Day173 members