Clams and Sausage Minestra sopra DitaliniFrom mrjwjohnson 5 years ago
- 1 lb ground italian sausage (Spicy or Mild) shopping list
- 2 (10 ounce) cans minced clams shopping list
- 1½ tsp crushed red peppers shopping list
- 1 large diced white onion shopping list
- 4 slices bacon, diced shopping list
- 2 tsp garlic puree shopping list
- 10 cups water shopping list
- 4 cubes of chicken bouillon shopping list
- 1 cup heavy cream shopping list
- 3 tablespoons butter shopping list
- ¼ of a bunch of kale shopping list
- ditalini(1 lb pasta) shopping list
- parmesan cheese shopping list
- paprika shopping list
How to make it
- In a heavy bottom pot or Dutch oven sautee Italian sausage and crushed red pepper in pot. Drain excess fat and remove from pan.
- In the same pan, sautee bacon, onions and garlic for approximately 15 mins. or until the onions are soft.
- Mix together the chicken bouillon and water, then add it to the onions, bacon and garlic. Cook until boiling.
- Add heavy cream, and butter.
- Stir in the sausage and kale.
- Drain clams, reserving clam liquid; stir clams and 1/2 of the clam liquid into the soup. Cook for about 5 minutes, or until heated through. Do not allow to boil.
- Cook pasta according to directions, drain and keep in colander. Add pasta to soup bowl and pour soup over it, dust with parmesan cheese and a little Paprika.