Mussels With Prosciutto and SherryFrom smurfetta 9 years ago
- 2 lbs mussels, cleaned shopping list
- 3 teaspoons olive oil, best quality shopping list
- 1/2 brown onion, finely chopped shopping list
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped shopping list
- 5 slices prosciutto, thin and diced (or if you have access to it use, Spanish jambon) shopping list
- 3/4 cup dry white wine shopping list
- 4 tablespoons sherry wine shopping list
How to make it
- Over medium high heat, in a large pot with a lid, cook the onion (uncovered) and celery in the oil until the onions are soft (about three minutes).
- Add the prosciutto, wine and sherry and bring to the boil.
- Add the mussels and cover. Let boil for one minute, shaking the pan once or twice to distribute the mussels, then when all the mussels have opened (discard any which don’t open) remove and serve.
The Cooksmurfetta Huntsville, AL
- Not added to any groups yet!