Goat Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms with Bread CrunbsFrom pleclare 6 years ago
- 24 large cremini mushrooms(11/2lbs) stems discarded shopping list
- 1/4c plus 2 Tbs extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 1tsp rosemary leaves plus one 3" sprig of rosemary shopping list
- kosher salt and pepper shopping list
- 3Tbs fine bread crumbs shopping list
- 6oz. fresh goat cheese,cut into 24 pieces shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400. In a bowl,toss the mushrooms with 3Tbs oil and rosemary leaves and season with salt and pepper. Transfer mushrooms to baking sheet,rounded side up. Roast about 30 mins,until tender and browned around the edges. Let cool to room temperature,about 15 mins.
- In skillet,heat remaining 3 Tbs. of oil. Add rosemary sprig and cook over moderately high heat until the leaves are crisp,30 seconds. Drain on paper towels,then strip off the leaves. Pour off all but 1 tsp. of rosemary oil and reserve for another use.
- Add the bread crumbs to the skillet and toast over moderate heat until golden and crisp,2 mins. Stir in fried rosemary leaves and season with salt and pepper.
- Gently press a piece of goat cheese into the center of each mushroom and sprinkle with bread crumbs and serve.
- Make ahead: The goat cheese-filled mushrooms can be refrigerated for up to a day. Bring to room temperature and sprinkle with bread crumbs before serving.
The Cookpleclare Framingham, MA
The Rating4 people
Looks fab! Love goats cheese on everything! Definately saving this one! 5!annielikestocook in Annacotty loved it
Wowee! Wowee! Yum! Yum!misslizzi in Philadelphia loved it
I love goat cheese and I love mushrooms so what'snot to love here? Thanks for post,Pat.
High Five!mystic_river1 in Bradenton loved it