Almond Sugar CookiesFrom kiwimoncur 5 years ago
- 1 cup room temperature salted butter shopping list
- 1 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1 tsp almond extract shopping list
- 3 cups all purpose flour shopping list
- 2 tsp. baking powder shopping list
- 4 cups powdered sugar shopping list
- 2 TBL room temp. butter shopping list
- 1-1/2 tsp. almond extract shopping list
- food coloring shopping list
- 1/2 cup boiling water shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Cream together 1 cup butter, granulated sugar, egg and 1 tsp. almond extract.
- Mix together flour and baking powder.
- Add dry ingredients to wet and mix well.
- Roll out on lightly floured surface. 1/4-1/2 inch thick.
- Cut out desired shapes.
- Bake on baking stone until edges just start to turn light golden (about 7 min)
- While cookies are in the oven in a bowl add powdered sugar, 2TBL butter, 1-1/2 tsp. almond extract, food color and enough of the hot water to make a consistancy that just barely runs off of spoon.
- Remove cookies to wire rack.
- Cool just slightly.
- Drop frosting on warm cookies and spread out slightly until it runs over the edge.
- Let cool completely.
- Store in air tight container.
The Cookkiwimoncur Bakersfield, CA
The Rating3 people
- Not added to any groups yet!