Crazy Green Watercress Sponge Cake And Chocolate SauceFrom gourmetana 6 years ago
- Cake: shopping list
- 4 cups watercress, roughly chopped shopping list
- 4 egg yolks, 4 egg whites, 1 whole egg shopping list
- 6 tbsp oil shopping list
- 4 tbsp milk shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 cup flour shopping list
- 1 tsp baking powder shopping list
- 2 tbsp port wine or Madeira shopping list
- 1 pinch each: cinnamon, cloves, cardamom shopping list
- chocolate sauce: shopping list
- 4 oz 70% cocoa chocolate, broken into small pieces shopping list
- 6 tbsp Grand Marnier shopping list
- 1 tsp butter shopping list
- 3 tbsp confectioner's sugar shopping list
- 7 tbsp sour cream shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven. Prepare a baking pan of your favorite format.
- Mix the egg yolks, egg, watercress, sugar, milk and port in a food processor until the ingredients become a fine paste.
- Transfer the paste to a bowl and add the flour, spices and baking powder.
- Finally whisk the egg whites until stiff (similar to meringue) and add gently to the watercress mix.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes. Keep an eye on the baking process so your cake don't get burned.
- Chocolate sauce: Melt chocolate with sugar and the Grand Marnier over low heat (8 minutes). Take it off the heat and add butter and cream. It is ready to serve.
The Cookgourmetana London, UK
The Rating5 people
Wow, this looks and sounds very good. Great post and a high 5.chefmeow in Garland loved it
Very different,sounds very good! Got my 5!pleclare in Framingham loved it
Wow,wow,wow,wow,wow!!! Other than that, what can I say? 5 5 5 5 5mystic_river1 in Bradenton loved it