Shrimp and Orzo SaladFrom chefelaine 6 years ago
- 8 oz Whole Wheat Orzo shopping list
- 3 cups fresh broccoli florets shopping list
- 1 red sweet pepper,chopped shopping list
- 1 pint of cherry tomatoes, halved shopping list
- 1 lb cooked shrimp, shells and tails removed shopping list
- 1 tbsp honey shopping list
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar shopping list
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar shopping list
- 1 tbsp olive oil shopping list
- 2-3 cloves garlic shopping list
- 20 fresh basil leaves, or 1 tsp dried basil shopping list
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt shopping list
- 1 to 2 cups baby spinach leaves shopping list
- salt and pepper to preference shopping list
- About a 1/4 cup of water shopping list
How to make it
- Cook the Orzo according to package.
- If you use whole-wheat orzo, it's healthier.
- While the pasta is cooking, clean and prepare all the veggies and place in a large bowl with the cooked shrimp.
- you may want to blanch the broccoli if you don’t like it raw.
- When the water boils for the pasta, place the cut up broccoli in the water for about 1 minute.
- Next, strain out into a colander.
- Cook the pasta in the same water the broccoli was in.
- It adds to the flavor of the finished dish.
- Put honey, vinegars, oil, garlic cloves, basil leaves, yogurt, spinach, water and a pinch of salt and pepper into the blender.
- Blend on high to and make the dressing.
- When the orzo is finished, run the pasta under cold water to stop the cooking.
- Add the cooked cold pasta to the bowl with the veggies and shrimp. Pour the dressing on top and mix well.
- Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate for a few hours until ready to serve.
People Who Like This Dish 8
The Cookchefelaine Muskoka, CANA
The Rating43 people
Awesome and your pictures are beautiful. Love shrimp and orzo, this is definitely going on the to make list soon. High 5 my friend, keep them coing.chefmeow in Garland loved it
This is a really good recipe, Chef. I didn't even know they made whole wheat orzo. Saving this one.juels in Clayton loved it
I haven't seen whole wheat orzo in our area yet, the selection is getting bigger all the time though. Sounds like a good salad.momoften in nowhere loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!