Yummy Yam CookiesFrom m11andrade 7 years ago
- 1 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup shortening shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 2 teaspoons vanilla shopping list
- 2 cups all purpose flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 cup fresh or canned yams, mashed and cooled shopping list
- 1/2 cup raisins or dried cranberries shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350°F, Grease cookie sheets.
- Beat sugar and shortening in large bowl until fluffy. Add egg and vanilla; mix well. Stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg and salt in small bowl; gradually add to sugar mixture alternately with yams, beating until well mixed. Stir in raisins and nuts.
- Drop on prepared cookie sheets 2-inches apart.
- Bake 12-15 minutes. Cool 2 minutes and remove from cookie sheet to cooling racks. Cool.