Warm Caramel Apple CakeFrom carterl 8 years ago
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine shopping list
- 1/4 cup whipping cream shopping list
- 1 cup packed brown sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans shopping list
- 2 large cooking apples, peeled, cored and thinly sliced (about 2 1/3 cups) shopping list
- 1 box Betty Crocker® SuperMoist® yellow cake mix shopping list
- 1 1/4 cups water shopping list
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil shopping list
- 3 eggs shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon apple pie spice shopping list
- Topping shopping list
- 2/3 cup Betty Crocker® Whipped fluffy white frosting (from 12-oz container) shopping list
- 1/2 cup frozen (thawed) whipped topping shopping list
- caramel topping, if desired shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- In 1-quart heavy saucepan, cook butter, whipping cream and brown sugar over low heat, stirring occasionally, just until butter is melted. Pour into 13x9-inch pan. Sprinkle with pecans; top with sliced apples.
- In large bowl, beat cake mix, water, oil, eggs and apple pie spice with electric mixer on low speed until moistened.
- Beat on medium speed 2 minutes.
- Carefully spoon batter over apple mixture.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until toothpick inserted near center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 10 minutes.
- Loosen sides of cake from pan.
- Place heatproof serving platter upside down on pan; carefully turn platter and pan over.
- Let pan remain over cake about 1 minute so caramel can drizzle over cake.
- Remove pan.
- In small bowl, mix frosting and whipped topping.
- Serve warm cake topped with frosting mixture and drizzled with caramel topping.