Matar Pulao Rice With PeasFrom shariq28sep 5 years ago
- rice shopping list
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil shopping list
- 4 whole cloves shopping list
- 3 black cardamom seeds shopping list
- 6 whole black peppercorns shopping list
- 2 (3 inch) cinnamon sticks shopping list
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder shopping list
- 2 tablespoons water shopping list
- 1 cup frozen green peas, thawed shopping list
- 2 cups uncooked basmati rice, rinsed and drained shopping list
- 4 cups water shopping list
- salt to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Heat the oil in a deep heavy skillet over low heat. Add the cloves, cardamom seeds, peppercorns and cinnamon sticks. Cook for a few minutes to bring out the aroma of the spices. Stir the garlic powder and 2 tablespoons of water together to make a paste; mix into the pan with the spices.
- Add the green peas to the pan, cover and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add the remaining 4 cups of water and rice to the pan. Season with a little salt. Bring to a boil, then cover, and cook for about 15 minutes, until the rice is tender and the water has been absorbed. Taste, and adjust the salt before serving.
The Cookshariq28sep Montreal, CA
The Rating5 people
Wow... great recipe.... 5, 5 ,5... thanks!berry in loved it
sounds delightfulchoclytcandy in loved it
You are full of wonderful recipes - keep them coming! High 5 on this one too!valinkenmore in Malott loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!