Kale and Potato SoupFrom chefmeow 6 years ago
- 1 pound dried red kidney beans washed and sorted shopping list
- 12 cups water shopping list
- 1 pound Spanish chorizo cut into 1/4” thick slices shopping list
- 2 cups torn kale tightly packed shopping list
- 2 large boiling potatoes peeled and cut into 1” chunks shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes shopping list
How to make it
- Soak beans in 12 cups water in large pot overnight.
- Bring beans and water to boil then add chorizo.
- Reduce heat and simmer covered for 30 minutes.
- Stir occasionally to prevent beans from sticking to bottom of pot.
- With slotted spoon remove half the beans and mash well with back of fork.
- Scrape them back into pot then add kale, potatoes, salt and red pepper flakes.
- Return to simmer and cook until potatoes are tender about 25 minutes.
- Soup is best when allowed to stand several hours then reheated before serving.