Quick and easy Fire Roasted Tomato SoupFrom peetabear 6 years ago
- 1 tablespoon butter or olive oil shopping list
- 1 large onion, chopped (1 cup) shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped shopping list
- 2 cans (14.5 oz each) Muir Glen® organic fire roasted diced tomatoes, undrained shopping list
- 1 can (14 oz) reduced-sodium chicken broth or vegetable broth shopping list
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil, cilantro or Italian flat-leaf parsley shopping list
- 1 teaspoon sugar shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper shopping list
- 1/2 cup whipping cream shopping list
How to make it
- 1. In 3-quart saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Cook onion and garlic in butter 2 to 3 minutes, stirring constantly, until onion is crisp-tender.
- 2. Stir in tomatoes, broth, 1 tablespoon of the basil, the sugar and red pepper. Heat to boiling. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 15 minutes. Remove from heat; uncover and cool slightly, about 5 minutes.
- 3. In blender, place half of the mixture. Cover and blend until pureed. Add remaining mixture; cover and blend until pureed. Return to saucepan; heat over medium heat until hot. Remove from heat; stir in cream and remaining 1 tablespoon basil.
The Cookpeetabear Mid-hudson Valley, NY
The Rating3 people
- Not added to any groups yet!