Lebanese Chicken and RiceFrom rescue_ranger 6 years ago
- 3 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts shopping list
- 4 ounces diced onion shopping list
- 12 ounces ground beef or ground lamb shopping list
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic shopping list
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups long grain rice shopping list
- 3 cups hot chicken stock, lamb stock or water shopping list
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley shopping list
How to make it
- 1) Heat the olive oil over high heat in a heavy bottomed pan (preferably cast-iron). Sauté the chicken breasts on both sides until they are golden brown. Remove the chicken breasts from the pan and set aside.
- 2) Add the onion and ground beef or ground lamb to the same hot pan. Cook until the onions and meat is beginning to brown, then add the garlic and cook another minute or two. Add the cinnamon, allspice, cayenne pepper and salt; sauté two minutes while stirring.
- 3) Stir in the rice making sure that it is fully incorporated with the oil and spices, place the chicken breasts in the rice. Pour in the stock or water and cover with a tight fitting lid or aluminum foil. Bake in a 375 oven for 20 minutes.
- 4) Remove the pan from the oven and let rest 5 min vented uncover and sprinkle with minced parsley and serve.
People Who Like This Dish 4
- elgab89 Toronto, CA
- crazeecndn Edmonton, CA
- mark555 Center Of The World Ma' Center Of The World, KS
- yardsailor Seekonk, MA
- rescue_ranger New Baltimore, VA
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookrescue_ranger New Baltimore, VA
The Rating3 people
- Not added to any groups yet!