Almond ChickenFrom desifull 7 years ago
- 2 whole boneless, skinless chicken breasts shopping list
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce shopping list
- 1 tablespoon rice wine shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch shopping list
- 2 tablespoons chicken stock shopping list
- 1 1/2" ginger root slice -- minced shopping list
- 1 garlic cloves -- minced shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1 cup almonds -- ground shopping list
- 6 cups peanut oil shopping list
How to make it
- Pat chicken dry with paper towels. Cut into strips 1/2"
- wide by 3" long.
- Stir soy sauce, rice wine, chicken stock, sugar,
- cornstarch, ginger, and garlic together.
- Place chicken in marinade, turning to coat. Marinate at
- least one hour, turning chicken after half an hour.
- Remove chicken from marinade and drain on paper towels.
- Beat egg slightly with 1/2 teaspoon water.
- One by one, dip chicken pieces in egg and roll in almonds
- to coat.
- Let almond coated pieces set 15 minutes. Heat oil to 350.
- Fry chicken pieces in batches one layer deep until crisp,
- golden brown. Be sure to let oil come back up to 350
- between batches.
- Drain on paper towels and serve at once.