Cream Cheese Pumpkin TrufflesFrom annieamie 5 years ago
- 2½ cups white chocolate chunks shopping list
- 1/3 cup gingersnap cookie crumbs, plus more for garnish shopping list
- 1/4 cup canned pumpkin purée shopping list
- 1/4 cup graham cracker crumbs, plus more for garnish shopping list
- 1 tablespoon confectioners’ sugar shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon orange zest shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- Pinch of fine salt shopping list
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened shopping list
- *I added some chopped walnuts to sprinkle on top! shopping list
How to make it
- Melt 1/2 cup of the chocolate in a double boiler over medium-low heat or in the microwave for about 1 minutes.
- Stir often to keep the chocolate from burning.
- Transfer to a large bowl.
- Add gingersnap crumbs, pumpkin, graham cracker crumbs, sugar, zest, cinnamon, salt and cream cheese and beat with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Transfer to a shallow bowl, cover and chill until just solid enough to roll into balls, about 2 hours.
- Line a large sheet tray with parchment paper.
- Melt remaining 2 cups chocolate and transfer to a small, deep bowl. Roll 1 heaping teaspoon of the pumpkin mixture into a ball in your hands, then drop into the chocolate.
- Working quickly, gently spoon chocolate over to coat.
- Using a small spoon or fork, lift the truffle out of the chocolate, shake off excess and transfer to prepared sheet tray.
- Dollop a bit of extra chocolate on any parts that remain exposed, then sprinkle a few gingersnap or graham cracker crumbs over the top, if you like.
- Repeat process with remaining pumpkin mixture and chocolate, then chill truffles until chocolate is completely set, about 1 hour.
- ***You could add a few tablespoons of Pumpkin Liqueur or rum to the cream cheese before rolling for a more "adult" flavor... These would look great in any gift basket!
The Cookannieamie Los Angeles, US
The Rating6 people
Lol, great minds think alike. I just posted this a week or two ago from whole foods. I cant wait to make this, lol. Hugs, Terirecipediva in Philly loved it
can't wait to try these!!m2googee in Tomball loved it
Sooo delicious! Have to try it!elgab89 in Toronto loved it