Pleasing Pea PastaFrom eyecook 6 years ago
- 1/4 lb thinly sliced pancetta - I use the Applegate Brand shopping list
- 2 TBSPs butter shopping list
- 1 lb very thinly sliced baby portabella or crimini mushrooms shopping list
- 2 cups frozen peas - (do not use canned) shopping list
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream shopping list
- 1/2 cup finely shredded sharp white cheddar or Sartori Montamoré Cheese (trust me - it's worth seeking it out!!!!!) shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic - sliced into very thin slices shopping list
- 1/2 of a 12oz box of bow tie noodles shopping list
- freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- salt shopping list
How to make it
- Melt 1 TBSP butter in pan, add pancetta and saute till pancetta is halfway to crispy.
- Add the thinly sliced mushrooms and 1 TBSP butter to the pan and saute for about 5 minutes on medium high.
- Add peas, cover and lower the heat to low.
- Cook pasta.
- While pasta is cooking, add the cream and garlic to the mushroom mixture and simmer slowly stirring while the scent of the garlic wafts gently into the air and the sauce begins to thicken.
- With teaspoon pick out some peas, go ahead, it's okay - taste them and see if they are nice and hot - if they are check the noodles.
- Add the shredded cheese to the mushroom mixture.
- If noodles are ready, drain them well, and add to the mushroom pan.
- Salt and pepper and you can plate it and eat!
- And really, you'll lick the plate.