Crispy CauliflowerFrom notyourmomma 9 years ago
- 2 medium or one very large cauliflower, separated into flowerettes shopping list
- 1 stick of butter shopping list
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups of dry bread crumbs unseasoned shopping list
- 3 or so anchovies, soaked in milk 20 minutes, drained shopping list
- 4 to 5 grinds of black pepper shopping list
- 3 to 4 passes of fresh ground nutmeg on a rasp shopping list
- 1/4 cup or so of finely minced flat leaf parley shopping list
How to make it
- Steam washed cauliflower in colander over an inch of boiling water until just able to be pierced with a fork.
- Melt butter in large fry pan,
- Cook butter very gently until a pale golden brown, almost foamy.
- Mash the anchovies into the butter.
- Stir well.
- Add bread crumbs and cook until toasty brown.
- Season with pepper and nutmeg.
- Add drained and dried cauliflower.
- Toss and sprinkle with parsley.