Caramel Oatmeal BarsFrom cardinal54 6 years ago
- 3/4 cup shortening (Crisco butter or 3/4 stick Crisco butter shortening Sticks) shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups quick oats, uncooked shopping list
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed shopping list
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour, plus shopping list
- 3 tablespoons flour shopping list
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1 1/3 cups milk chocolate chips shopping list
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped shopping list
- 1 (12 1/2 ounce) jar caramel ice cream topping, Smuckers shopping list
How to make it
- HEAT oven to 350°F
- Coat a 9 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan with no-stick cooking spray.
- COMBINE shortening, oats, brown sugar, 1/2 cup all purpose flour, whole wheat flour, baking soda and cinnamon in large bowl.
- With an electric mixer at low speed, blend until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Reserve 1/2 cup for topping. Press remaining crumbs into prepared pan.
- BAKE 10 minutes. Remove from oven.
- SPRINKLE chocolate chips and nuts over crust.
- Stir together caramel topping and 3 tablespoons flour until well blended.
- Drizzle over chocolate chips and nuts.
- Top with reserved 1/2 cup crumbs.
- RETURN to oven.
- Bake an additional 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- While still warm, run a knife around the outside edge of pan.
- Cool completely on rack.
- CUT into squares.
The Cookcardinal54 Cuthbert, GA
The Rating5 people
Mmmm... These bars sound delicious!juels in Clayton loved it
More caramel. Love it!linspj in New Hartford loved it
luv carmel topping these sound good thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!