The Sarges Goetta - German Breakfast TreatFrom jones2888 7 years ago
- 3 quarts water shopping list
- 2 tablespoons salt shopping list
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper shopping list
- 5 cups steel cut oats shopping list
- 2 pounds ground beef shopping list
- 2 pounds ground pork sausage shopping list
- 2 large onions, finely chopped shopping list
- 1/4 cup cooking oil shopping list
How to make it
- Bring water, salt, and pepper to boil in a slow cooker set to High. Stir in steel cut oats, cover, and cook 90 minutes.
- In a large bowl, mix beef, pork, and onions. Stir into the oat mixture, and reduce heat to Low. Cover, and continue cooking 3 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Transfer the mixture to a medium baking pan, and cool until semi-solid. Turn out onto wax paper, and chill 1 hour in the refrigerator, or until firm.
- Heat oil in a large, heavy skillet over medium high heat. Cut the refrigerated mixture into thin slices. Cook slices one at a time in the heated oil until evenly brown.
People Who Like This Dish 8
The Cookjones2888 Columbus, OH
The Rating4 people
Sounds delicous thanks high5 it wont let me use the 5 forks keeps dissappearing thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
great tasty recipe thanks high5 forksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
That's different and sounds great for a winter dinner! Or breakfast!greekgirrrl in Huntington Village loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!